Take ONE thing off your plate.
Let us teach your children music appreciation.
Sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee...
Or learn with us.
JUST PRESS PLAY!
With a SQUILT LIVE! Monthly Membership You Will Receive:
2 live SQUILT music appreciation lessons taught by Mary (recordings available if you are not able to attend). Lessons include printable listening maps, notebooking pages, and supplemental activities. Click here to see the Summer 2018 schedule. The 2018-2019 schedule can be found here.
A monthly listening calendar - clickable PDF with an engaging piece of music to share with your children each day
Access to the archives of all past live lessons
20% discount on all products in the store, as long as you are a member
A members only volume - SQUILT Goes to the Movies - valued at $16!
A weekly member email with teaching tips, event reminders, and more!
Who is a SQUILT LIVE! Monthly Membership For?
(We think EVERYONE, but if you really want to know ...)
Preschool through middle-school aged children
Families with multiple ages learning together at the same time
Children of all learning abilities and styles
Homeschool Co-Op classes
Parents who want to learn about beautiful music with their children
Membership options available at 3 different levels:
$200/year <<---- 2 MONTHS FREE!
Members who join at the yearly level will be able to renew at the same price.
What Families Are Saying About SQUILT LIVE! Music Appreciation:
I can't say enough about the choice of works, composers, printable materials and of course the instructor, Mary. Mary is a great teacher! She is super easy for children and adults to follow. These lessons have been equally educational for my seven year old daughter as they have been for me. It has been a delight being introduced to some great pieces of music, learning about composers, and learning about the instruments in a piece of music. - Jen N.
I have NO musical background. I love having someone else teach the lesson!!!! Then we end up talking about it for days and when my son hears the piece again weeks later, he can still see the map in his head and explain it all to me.
So all this to say…..THANK YOU!!! ~ Brienne S.
My 11 year old daughter loved the live SQUILT webinars! Mary's vivacious spirit and love of the subject kept her attentive to the lesson. The music maps made following the music and learning about it easy and interesting. My daughter also enjoyed interacting with Mary and other learners by typing responses in the chat box. ~ Cheri H.
Meet Your Instructor
Mary holds a Bachelor's Degree in Music Education from Southern Methodist University and a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership and Supervision from Georgia State University. She taught music in the public schools in Texas and Georgia for 10 years before beginning her career as a homeschooling mother.
During this time she began to develop the SQUILT Music Appreciation curriculum, all the while teaching piano lessons, music co-op classes, and more. It is her heart's greatest desire to share her love of music with children. SQUILT LIVE! is the culmination of years of sharing the SQUILT method with literally thousands of children. She can't wait to begin teaching online lessons to your children!
- How long are the online lessons? Lessons are 30-45 minutes, with a brief time after the lesson for parents to ask any questions about the music.
- Is SQUILT LIVE! a stand alone resource? YES! No prior SQUILT or music appreciation knowledge is necessary.
- Will the lessons be recorded? YES. All lessons will be recorded and you will have access to them in the archives.
- What will I need to prepare for a SQUILT LIVE! lesson? Simply print the materials for that lesson from the member area and login to the webinar. It's that easy.
- What is your co-op licensing? One membership per FIVE FAMILIES, please.
- Will you have lessons in the summer? Yes. Learning doesn't end in the summer, and SQUILT LIVE! is a year-round program.
- How do you select music? Each month has a theme and the pieces for the month center around our theme. Music is from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern Eras.
- What days are the live lessons? Live lessons are scheduled on Mondays and Thursdays at 2 p.m. ET -- if you can come at either of those times you are good!